RECYCLING INITIATIVES

Sustainable Practices in Action: Our “Going Green” Initiative

Most people in manufacturing and retail know pallets are the backbone of the supply chain. Approximately 1.8 billion pallets are in service in the United States daily and of these, over 90%
are constructed from wood. Our company recognizes the impact our industry has on the environment and proudly demonstrates our “Going Green” initiative that we’ve achieved over the past several years in business.

With a substantial production output ranging from 20,000 to 25,000 pallets weekly, we impressively recycle 100% of our wood scrap. Nearly 80% of our pallets that are reclaimed for recycling are skillfully integrated back into the production process, contributing to the re-creation of reconditioned pallets. The remaining 20% is then allocated to our grinding process.

Our Grinding Process

In 2018, Caflisch Pallet & Wood Services, Inc. adopted a comprehensive Zero-Waste Program. We constructed two large structures to house our state-of-the-art Cresswood Grinding system. This American-made equipment provides a safe and secure environment for operation and storage, enabling us to efficiently process excess wood material into repurposed products such as animal bedding and other useful materials.

As the processed wood exits the final stage of the grinder, it passes through a series of magnets that separate any metal from the wood material. The recovered metals are then recycled. The wood material is transported to another facility for further processing, where it undergoes an additional grinding process to refine its texture and quality, ensuring that the final product meets the highest standards.

This streamlined process exemplifies our commitment to sustainability and innovation at Caflisch Pallet & Wood Services, Inc. By investing in cutting-edge equipment and infrastructure, we are minimizing waste while maximizing the utility of our resources. As we continue to refine and optimize our operations, we remain steadfast in our commitment to providing sustainable solutions that benefit both our customers and the environment.

Sustainability in Action

Furthermore, Caflisch Pallet’s strategic decision to source local hardwoods reflects our commitment to sustainable material sourcing and serves to reduce final costs to our customers. This approach not only supports the local economy but also enables the company to meet stringent deadlines efficiently. Through these environmentally conscious practices, our company continues to demonstrate leadership in sustainable pallet solutions, aligning business practices with eco-friendly principles in hopes to protect our forest land for future generations.

Call Now Button